Background

Friday, March 14, 2014

Good Old Steak & Potatoes

Last fall when Aunt MRT shot and bagged her first elk, she generously shared the meat with my other sister and her family and myself and my family.  We have loved having the meat in our freezer. It has been very delicious.  (I prefer the wild game over beef any day since this is what I grew up on).   Today is Aunt MRT birthday; she loves her steak and potatoes.  Today is a Friday during Lent, so we cannot enjoy this meal today, I hope to soon. Serve over steamy creamy mashed potatoes....mmm.  I am also inspired by this recipe that I posted awhile back...so today's recipe is a combination. Aunt MRT loves her steak and potatoes.  This recipe is especially for her since it is her birthday...the big 1-3!

Shredded Beef
adapted from: http://addapinch.com/cooking/2013/09/17/slow-cooker-shredded-beef-recipe/#axzz2uHEYlhU0

2.25lb round steak
2 cups French Onion soup
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1 t dried thyme
1/2 t granulated garlic
onion, chopped

Slather the round steak with mustard (mixed with thyme and garlic).  Place onions in the bottom of a greased crockpot.  Place steak on top.  Pour soup all around.  Cook on LOW for 6-8hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment