Background

Monday, March 10, 2014

Oh My Goodness...So Moist & Delicious

As it is raining outside today, I thought it would be a perfect night for chili and cornbread. Delicious!  Finding the right gluten free recipe has been a bit of a challenge...but a fun one at that.  I enjoy experimenting my kitchen.  This chicken chili is sooo yummy I thought I would pair it with cornbread muffins.  SSP and I split a muffin before dinner....shhh don't tell.  They were amazing.

Cornbread Muffins
adapted from: http://forthefamily.org/old-fashion-cornbread/

2 cups cornmeal
1 t salt (omitted)
1 t baking soda
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1 1/3 cup buttermilk (I actually did half milk and half sour cream)
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350.  Line muffin tin with paper wrappers (or grease well).  In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.  Pour in melted butter and honey; mix.  Slowly incorporate buttermilk and eggs; just until all is moistened.  Pour (by 1/3 cup-fuls) into muffin tins. Bake for 25minutes until a toothpick comes out clean (and crumb free).  

No comments:

Post a Comment