Background

Monday, March 17, 2014

Halt....The Leprechauns

Yes, the leprechauns have been to my house.  Even though we don't have any Irish blood in our genes, they have been sighted (at least their cruel and unusual tricks have been). I will give the recipes (or at least an attempt...since those leprechauns are VERY sneaky and DON'T share anything) blasting from both my husband and I's childhoods.  Hopefully BAP and SSP will be surprised this year with something fun and wacky like these recipes too.

Green Milk (my childhood)

1 gallon milk (does not have to be a full gallon)
couple drops of green food coloring

Drip a few drops of green food coloring into milk...just until it is light green.

Green Pancakes (my husband's childhood)

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups milk (add more/less depending how thick you want the cakes)
green food coloring

Mix dry together in a bowl. In another bowl/measuring cup combine the wet ingredients. Slowly combine the wet into the dry ingredients (just until moistened). Cook over medium low heat on a greased griddle/fry pan until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment