Background

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Love At First Bite

Normally I am not a pancake person (I actually detest them) unless you are making these or these. However about a week ago I made some amazing ones, that all of us enjoyed.  Maybe it is just the healthy food kick I am on or just the great flavor.  Whatever the case may be I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe.  I tripled this recipe to feed my ravenous boys (it made 12 pancakes)!

Flaxseed Oatmeal Pancakes

1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3 T oats
1 T flaxseed
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t apple pie spice
1/8 t baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 T brown sugar
1 T canola oil
1/2 t vanilla

In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients (whisking out any lumps).  In another bowl/measuring cup combine the wet.  Add the wet to the dry; stir until just mixed.  Cook as you normally do with pancakes on a hot pan or griddle. (about 1/3 cup batter per pancake)

No comments:

Post a Comment