Background

Monday, January 16, 2012

Tongue Tantalizing

The other night we were having company over for dinner. I thought I would make something extra special and hearty for dinner, since I was using elk meat. I am sure this recipe would be great with beef too but elk and deer are all the red meats that I have in my freezer currently. I actually have to go out and get chicken and pork still, err again. The leftovers of this meal are wonderful. I made them into taquitos, following this recipe.

Shredded Chipotle Beef

3-4 lb chuck roast (boneless)
1 onion, finely chopped (I used 1/2 yellow and 1/2 red)
1 T chili powder
2 chipotle chilies (from the chipotle chilies in adobo can...not 2 cans worth)
3 garlic cloves
2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce (I used 2-15oz diced tomatoes, drained)
1 T brown sugar

Place beef and onions in greased crockpot. Puree remaining ingredients in blender. Pour over top. Cook on LOW 7-8 hours. Serve with hoagie rolls, fries and cheese. (or as tacos as the original recipe suggests)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe, Ali! We loved the taquitos and I am definitely adding this to our meal plan! Love you!

    ReplyDelete