Background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chewy Sweet Just Right

I have been just dying for a great chocolate chip cookie. Yesterday I thought I would make some...then I wanted to 'healthify' it so it was not just all sugar for the boys. Actually they turned out quite good, and they still like them too.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar (I did not bother packing it)
1/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
3 cups quick oats
1 cup raisins (my healthy attempt instead of nuts)
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325. Cream together sugars and butter. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, soda and salt. Stir until blended. Add remaining ingredients. Drop by heaping Tablespoons on to greased cookie sheets. Bake 12-17 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Serve with cold milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment