Background

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wrapped Up In A Bowl

Oh how I wanted tacos so bad. However there is the time that I think I should ask my darling husband about what he would like for dinner (usually he combines 2 options and smacks them together, so they sound really aweful). When I asked if he wanted "tacos, soup, or salad for dinner", he answered "how 'bout taco soup?" Okay. Now how to make it without it just tasting like a fancier chili was the problem.

Taco Soup

1 lb hamburger (elk burger), browned
1 recipe taco seasoning
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can seasoned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (10.5 oz) can Tomatoes with Chilies (you pick your desired hotness)
1/2 of 1 pkg of Ranch Dressing mix (I use Uncle Dans)

Brown meat. Add seasoning. Dump in crockpot along with both cans of beans. Add tomatoes. Add some water to cover slightly. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours or high 3-4. Add Ranch Mix along with 1 Tablespoon cornstarch and cold water (to thicken it slightly). Cook for another 30 minutes (high) or 1 hour (low).

Serve with cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment