Background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So Good & So Easy

The other night we were having company over and I had to come up with a dessert recipe...and fast. I had 2 Granny Smith apples and various other ingredients. I pondered making apple crisp (not enough apples), or baked apples. Hmm. I wanted a fall time dessert but I did not know where to begin. I looked through my cupboards and freezer to see if there was anything I had to use up soon. Ahah...I will use this can of cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving last year and the cranberries I have frozen in the pantry.

Apple Crisp

2 Medium GS Apples, peeled and sliced thin
1 can (16oz) cranberry sauce
1/2 cup cranberries, fresh
1 streusel recipe (see here) using oatmeal instead of flour

Combine apples and cranberry sauce. Dollop in a well greased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with cranberries; top with streusel. Bake at 375 for 45minutes until bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment