Background

Sunday, June 19, 2016

An Abundance of Blessings

Last weekend my parents, a few siblings as well as my sister and her family all joined us for dinner.  It was a lot of fun having everyone here.  We had a lot of fun.  I made these strawberry rhubarb bars...they were a hit. Definitely eating one for breakfast!  Today being Father's Day I thought I would share this recipe, since Dad, my husband and his dad all love rhubarb.



Irresistible Strawberry Rhubarb Bars
adapted from: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/05/strawberry-rhubarb-crisp-bars/

3 cups quick oats
1 cup brown sugar
12 T butter, melted (I used 1 stick butter and 4T coconut oil)
2T cornstarch
2T sugar
2 cups rhubarb, diced small
2 cups (1lb worth) strawberries, diced small

Preheat oven to 375.  In a bowl combine oats, brown sugar and butter.  In another bowl combine remaining ingredients.  Pour almost all (minus 1 cup) of oat mixture into the bottom of a well greased 9x13pan (line with greased parchment too). Press into the bottom to form a crust.  Top with berries-rhubarb mixture.  Sprinkle last cup of oat mixture on top.  Bake about 30-40minutes. Cool on counter slightly.  Cover and chill in fridge (store for later too).  These bars slice better when cold, as well as tasting delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment