Background

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Zucchini Running Through My Veins

This year we had some zucchini.  Even though it was not a bumper crop like in years past, we still got a fair amount of produce.  I made these yummy morsels one more when the boys and I went to visit my aunt. The three of them loved them (I have to take their word on it).  Happy Feast of Saint Francis!

Orange Zucchini Muffins
adapted from: http://www.shugarysweets.com/2015/08/cranberry-orange-zucchini-muffins

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 cup shredded zucchini (I just grated a small one)
2/3 cup milk
6T butter, melted
1 egg
1 1/2 t orange zest (or 1 t lemon extract)
50 frozen cranberries

Mix all ingredients (except cranberries)  together in a large bowl.  Pour 1/3 cup batter into the wells of 1 (12cup) muffin tip. Top each muffin batter with 4 cranberries.  Bake at 350 for 15-20minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment