Background

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Home-y Deliciousness

Every fall I look forward to warm home-y delicious meals.  I made this recipe recently...so good. I really wanted something like stroganoff. I wondered if I could make it more kid-appealing, as in meatballs.  This recipe was perfect, especially served over top creamy steamy mashed potatoes! SSP loved it. I think this recipe is for him as it is his 5th birthday today. Happy Birthday, Buddy! Love you to the moon and back.



Stroganoff with Meatballs
adapted from:
Meatballs http://www.onelovelylife.com/chicken-meatball-stroganoff/
Sauce http://www.melskitchencafe.com/delicious-ground-beef-or-turkey-stroganoff/

Meatballs
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey (I used 1/2 pound ground pork sausage)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup diced onion
2 T milk
1 t Dijon mustard
1 t thyme
salt/pepper

Mix all together.  Roll into meatballs and place in a greased 9x13pan.  Bake at 375 for about 25minutes. While the meatballs bake, make the delicious sauce.

Sauce
1 onion, diced
8oz mushrooms, sliced
4oz cream cheese
2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 t thyme
salt/pepper

In a skillet saute onion and mushrooms together unless most the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.  Stir in cheese, broth and milk.  Melt cheese all the way. Season with thyme and salt/pepper.  Add sour cream just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment