Background

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Wow...Shocked & Surprised

I always worry about cooking chicken in the crockpot.  The first time (my husband and I were first married) I tried it - it was a flop. The chicken dissolved into a big gloopy messy that smelled and resembled an upset stomach.  I told myself I would never again do it when the chicken was raw. I am now happy to announce that I found a second recipe that works WELL (this is the first successful time).  I served over spaghetti noodles (for the adults) and cheese stuffed tortellini (for the kids)

Chicken Parmesan Perfection
adapted from: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2014/06/slow-cooker-chicken-parmesan.html

2 whole chicken breasts (cut in half to make them thinner)-sprinkled with salt/pepper
2 t olive oil
1/2 onion, diced small
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 T tomato paste
2 t Italian seasoning
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes (Italian style), drain
1 T water mixed with 1 T cornstarch
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

In a saute pan, add oil with garlic and onion.  Cook until softened; stir in tomato paste with a little water. Season with Italian seasoning until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer 7minutes. Whisk in water/cornstarch mixture. Pour into a greased crockpot. Top with chicken breasts. Cover and cook on LOW 3hours.  Turn heat to WARM. Top with cheese. Cover and let melt.  While cheese is melting cook pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment