Background

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fall In The Air

I love Fall (and Spring and Summer...not so much winter, but winter sports).  During the Fall I love using my crockpot. House smells so delicious with cooking food all day. This soup is good and hardy. I made this on a Wednesday (aka my crazy round around day). I thought it was bit on the spicy side. However BAP and SSP gobbled it down like there was no tomorrow...especially with shredded cheddar cheese, doritos and popcorn as toppings.

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
adapted from: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/slow-cooker-chicken-enchilada-soup-recipe/

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/4 cup enchilada sauce (or 1 can)
2 (14oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups chunky salsa (I used medium)
1 (15oz) can corn, drained
1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, diced
1 t cumin
1 t salt

Place all ingredients in the CrockPot and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment