Background

Friday, February 27, 2015

Pancake Birthday Tradtion

Growing up we had pancakes for our birthday breakfast....but not any pancakes. German pancakes. Though I have made this recipe multiple times (as the eldest of 9 I helped make them a lot for my younger siblings). Today is my youngest brother's birthday, so I made them for the boys in his honor. Happy Birthday, Brother!  This picture is of BAP and SSP having a slumber party with him.

Since my brother is now a Freshman in college (in a different state), BAP and SSP wanted to still remember his birthday for him. So I made these delicious pancakes for lunch; they are munchkin approved.


German Pancakes
adapted from: http://www.jennycancook.com/

1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
3 eggs
2 T sugar
1 T butter

In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, eggs and sugar until lump free.  Preheat oven to 425; heat cast iron skillet in preheating oven.  Once the oven is at the desired temperature. Remove and quickly melt the butter in the pan.  Then pour in all the batter.  Return pan to oven and bake for 15minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment