Background

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Absolutely Deadly (to the waistline)

Why do I have a sweet tooth?  I think I must take after my mom and grandpa (her dad).  I have always loved a good cookie.  It has been hard to find the perfect one since going gluten free. However these yummy delights do not disappoint.  They are splendid.  I hate admitting that I ate 2 for breakfast this morning. oops. ;P

Monster Cookies
adapted from: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/09/monster-cookies/

2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T vanilla
3 1/2 cups oats, divided (2 cups pulsed in the food processor until 'floury')
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
2 1/4 cups rice krispies cereal

Preheat oven to 375.  In a large stand mixer cream together sugars with butter.  Add eggs and vanilla; incorporating well. In a measuring combine oats, baking powder and baking soda; stir well. Gradually add to butter and egg mixture.  Slowly fold in chips and cereal. Scoop cookie dough (with a cookie scoop or tablespoon) onto a lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-15minutes.  Cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.  Serve with a cold glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment