Background

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Goody Snack...Too Addictive

A friend recently convinced me that snowshoeing is fun. Boy was she right! We have done it a couple times this winter...I love it. I still have not bought my own pair but luckily our local sporting good store rents them for dirt cheap ($10). I have brought this yummy snack mix each and every time....mmm. In parentheses are the brands I use for gluten free substitution.


Scrumptious Snowshoe Snack
adapted from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/nacho-snack-mix

8oz pretzel twists (great value)
8oz pretzel sticks (great value)
8oz Cheez it crackers (vans brand)
8oz Cheetos/popped corn (pirate booty)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
1/2 pkg dry taco seasoning mix

In a large bowl combine pretzels, crackers and Cheetos  In a measuring cup combine oil and butter; stir. Drizzle over pretzels and crackers. Toss.  Sprinkle with seasonings. Toss again.  Bake on two parchment lined cookie sheets at 250 for about 70 minutes; stirring every 20 or so. During the last 20 minutes stir in the Cheetos/popped corn  Cool completely.  Keep in an airtight container or bag. NOTE: once I start munching it is very hard to stop....slightly addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment