Background

Friday, October 24, 2014

Reminiscent Of Olden Days

Growing up we ate a lot of casseroles...lasagna, the occasional tater tot casserole and my favorite of chicken broccoli and rice.  Here is a recipe similar to what we ate. I loved every bite as much as I did then.  Today being SSP Baptismal anniversary I thought we could have one of his favorite meals (I am glad he loves his broccoli just as much as BAP).

Chicken Rice Broccoli Alfredo Bake
adapted from: http://www.allthingshomerelated.com/2013/03/chicken-rice-and-broccoli-alfredo/

1 cup Alfredo sauce
1 1/3 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup long-grain white rice, UNcooked
1/2 t onion powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper
2 cups frozen chopped broccoli (I used 1 bag)
2 chicken breasts, chopped (UNcooked)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Combine all ingredients (except Parmesan cheese) in a bowl.  Pour into a greased pan.  Bake at 375 covered in foil for 50minutes until rice and chicken are thoroughly cooked. Uncover sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Return to oven until just melted or sprinkle on top when serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment