Background

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bite Sized Happiness

Recently our school had some special visitors.  I was honored to be asked to make something for these special folks. Being on a Monday when they were expecting a breakfast of sorts, I went for it. I thought I would make something easy and bite sized.  BAP, SSP and my wonderful taste testing husband tried these...."these are great; can we have more?" Too bad I had to share. I will try and make them again soon.

Mini Quiches
adapted from: http://sarahscucinabella.com/2012/08/28/mini-bacon-egg-and-cheese-bites/

2 pkgs (15 cups each) mini Phyllo cups
1/4 pound pork sausage, browned with 2 T minced onion
1/4 cup shredded cheese (finely grated)
2 large eggs
2 T milk

Preheat oven to 350.  Place cups onto a Parchment lined baking sheet. Put a small amount of meat and onion mixture in all cups.  In a measuring cup with a spout mix together the eggs and milk. Pour a small amount in each cup until all cups have a little in them.  Bake for 11-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.  Top with a sprinkle of cheese.  Cool completely if serving later and refrigerate or serve warm immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment