Background

Monday, September 22, 2014

It's A ... One Skillet Wonder

I love fresh produce.  Recently we were gifted with two huge zucchini.  What to do with these monsters? I thought that I could do the usual of making bread. However I thought I would like to get out my creative energies and try something new.  I found this skillet recipe that I HAD to try immediately.

Beefy Zucchini Skillet Wonder Dish
adapted from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ground-beef-zucchini-skillet

1 pound ground beef (I used 1 package ground turkey)
1/2 onion, diced small
1 t minced garlic
1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes (NOT drained)
1 medium zucchini (quartered and diced small)
1 (8oz) sliced mushrooms
1 t dried basil
1 t dried oregano
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a skillet cook meat, onion and garlic until no longer pink; drain.  Stir in veggies and spices. Cover and simmer for about 15minutes until veggies are tender.  Serve over brown rice/quinoa (like this blend) and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment