Background

Monday, May 19, 2014

Fill Those Belly Fantasties

As I have said before my husband adores anything with the "humble pig."  The rest of us enjoy it too but not nearly as much.  Last night I made some scrumptious melt in your mouth pulled pork. Even though I could not taste all the intricate and delicate flavors (thanks to a nasty cold), it was great.  I plan on making this again when I am feeling better.

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
adapted from: http://addapinch.com/cooking/2013/07/12/balsamic-pork-tenderloin-recipe/#axzz324xA3HLx

1 pork tenderloin (about 2-3pounds) - mine was a frozen loin
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T soy sauce
1 T honey (I used natural maple syrup)
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1 T dried onion
2 cloves garlic, minced

Place pork in a greased crockpot.  In a measuring cup combine the rest of the ingredients, pork over pork.  Cook on LOW 7hours (or 10 if frozen).  Shred once cooked.  Toss in sauce.  Serve with lightly steamed veggies and potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment