Background

Friday, April 11, 2014

What Is That...Tofu?!

Yes, I did buy tofu...but won't ever do it again!  I was looking for a protein alternative for meatless Fridays during Lent (so I bought a 4 pack).  It was not bad but not the best either.  I think I will just do meatless, in the old fashioned rice and beans sort of way....unless I try making tofu again with Mexican seasoning instead of Asian flair.

Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps
adapted from:  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/02/vegetarian-lettuce-wraps/
& http://justasmidgenoflove.blogspot.com/2012/11/wrapped-up-in-style.html

"Meat"
1 (14oz) Firm Tofu, pour water off
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 t sesame oil
1/4 t powdered ginger
1T sugar

Sauce
2T Sriracha sauce
1T maple syrup
2 t sesame oil

In a non stick pan drizzle about 2 T olive oil.  Dump in drained tofu.  "Brown" as you would do ground beef for tacos/spaghetti.  Pour in soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and sugar.  Mix around until all (or most) liquid is evaporated. In a small bowl combine Sriracha, syrup and sesame oil. Serve in bibb lettuce leaves (wrapped up taco style) and drizzled with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment