Background

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Old Rut

Why is that I seem to fall in the "old rut" ? Whenever my husband is busy on the job, the boys and I seem to enjoy the same things EVERY time.  Tonight I thought I would make a new and improved version of our stand-by of Dino bones.  I have so many rice krispies (I bought several bags, to satisfy that krispie treat tooth - the last batch was really sweet so further makings have been put on hold).

Funky Dino Bones
adapted from: http://serendipityandspice.com/rice-crispy-chicken-baked-goodness-with/

1 cup butter, melted
3 T Dijon mustard

2 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 packet Ranch Dressing mix

6 chicken breasts, halved and each half cut into 3 or 4 pieces

In a bowl combine melted butter and mustard stir well.  In another bowl combine cereal (slightly crushed), cheese and ranch dressing mix.  Place a piece of parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets. Grease well. Dip chicken in butter/mustard mixture.  Then in rice krispie mixture. Coat well.  Place each 'bone' on the rack (about 3 full breasts per rack).  Lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 45minutes until golden. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauces (Ranch, ketchup, bbq sauce, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment