Background

Friday, April 4, 2014

Have You Found Nemo Yet?

We have.  My boys love the Pixar movie, "Finding Nemo."  It is one of our all time favorites (The boys were not sad that we were eating Nemo for dinner). About a month ago my sister in law shared a recipe for fish tacos. They are really tasty from the local taco shop; I thought I would try her recipe. I omitted the mango salsa, as I don't appreciate that taste (but served it on the side, since my husband likes it). I liked the idea of the fish being baked (as opposed to fried). I did adapt the recipe to be gluten free. It was still tasty.

Fish Tacos with Creamy Slaw
adapted from: http://beautifulmess46.blogspot.com/2014/03/baked-fish-tacos-with-creamy-slaw-and.html

Fish
1 pound white fish (cod, cut into smallish chunks)
2 T lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground mild curry
2 garlic cloves, minced
Marinade fish for a few hours (24 max) in fridge.

Breading
1/2 cup rice flour/cornstarch
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper
1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips
2 eggs, beaten
Drain fish.  Dip in flour, garlic, and pepper. Then eggs. Coat with chips. Place on a well greased foiled lined baking dish.  Lightly spray with cooking spray.  Bake at 450 for about 15minutes.

Slaw
1 package angel shredded cabbage
1/4 cup mayo
2 T cider vinegar
2 T honey
2 T lime juice
salt/pepper
While fish bakes, combine all slaw ingredients.

Layer in tortillas: fish,, slaw and other taco toppings (Black beans would go well with this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment