Background

Monday, April 28, 2014

Fit For A King

Yesterday, as it was the Canonization of Saints Pope John Paul II and John XXIII, I asked my husband what if he had any requests for his feast day dinner. He suggested Chicken Salad sandwiches stuffed in pita pocket bread. MMM... Perfect.  I had spotted a one with a Mexican flair that I wanted to try...perfect opportunity. I served with sweet potato fries. Even though I just ate mine without the bread, it was super tasty. He enjoyed them. Saint John Paul II and Saint John XXIII, pray for us!

Tex-Mex Chicken Salad
adapted from: Cooking with Paula March/April 2014

Meat Mixture
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped (Rotisserie chicken from Costco is awesome)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 bell pepper, chopped
4oz Colby-Jack cheese, finely shredded
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix.

Dressing
2 (100calorie) pkg guacamole
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 t Mojito Lime Seasoning
1 t cumin
Combine well  in a measuring cup.  Pour over chicken mixture. Mix well. Store in fridge up to 3 days.

Stuff filling into pocket pita bread/tortillas.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment