Background

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Yummy Twist

Happy Birthday, To A Sweet Sister in Law! I made a twist on one of our favorite recipes that you introduced us to. It was very delicious;  I thought of you as I made this. We made your delicious sweet and sour chicken but added a sweet orange sauce to it.

Orange Chicken
adapted from: http://beautifulmess46.blogspot.com/2012/03/are-you-my-daddy.html
& http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2008/07/fabulous-orange-chicken.html

Chicken
3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, chopped into smallish chunks
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups cornstarch
oil

Sauce
1 1/2  water
1 (12oz) orange juice concentrate
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 T soy sauce
1/2  cup brown sugar
garlic, minced

Coat chicken pieces in cornstarch then egg. Fry in a small amount of oil (just until brown). Place in a greased 9x13pan.  Preheat oven to 325.  As the oven is preheating combine all sauce ingredients.  Pour over meat.  Stir every 10-15minutes for an hour. Sprinkle with cornstarch; it will slowly thicken. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet Ali! I miss you!! Your variation of this recipe sounds delicious - I'm going to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete