Background

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Stewing About...In Bitter Coldness

It has been bitterly cold here (currently it is 9 below zero). Slightly warmer than it was when we took BAP to school this morning (it was 27 below). Brr.  About a month back my sister shared this stew recipe with me.  I have been dying to try it.  Today was my chance.  With it being super cold the heat from the trusty crockpot would be great.  I don't mind the extra heat on a day like today.

Easy Stew
adapted from my sister

1-2 pounds stew meat (coated in 1-2T Dijon mustard)
potatoes and carrots (as many as you want, cut up uniformly)
can of cream of mushroom soup (I just sauted some about 7oz sliced mushrooms in some butter, sprinkled with cornstarch onion, garlic and thyme and used about 2 cups French Onion Soup)

Place all ingredients in crockpot. Do not stir. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours (now you may stir).

No comments:

Post a Comment