Background

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Calling All Meat Lovers

This gluten free diet is great.  I have enjoyed it but it is hard also (since I have to closely examine everything I eat to make sure it does not have a hidden item in it).  Often times I have found that anything pre-made has some sort of wheat in it.  While just looking up variations for pizza awhile back (before going gluten free) I found this twist.  I never tried it before but I saved the idea for future use.  Boy it was good! If you are (or know someone who is) a meat lover you will enjoy this.  BAP and SSP ate a slice too (they balked at the veggies).

Gluten Free (Meat Crusted Pizza)
adapted from: http://wellnessmama.com/1614/healthy-homemade-meat-based-pizza-meatza-with-salad-kid-approved/

1lb ground beef (I used part spicy Italian sausage)
1 T Italian seasoning
1/2 onion, chopped

Grease a large cookie sheet (or 9x13pan).  Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredients as you would for meatloaf.  Press mixture into prepared pan.  Bake for about 45minutes.  Drain fat very carefully from pan. Flip pizza very carefully (this is optional).  Top with your favorite pizza toppings. Bake for an additional 30minutes.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment