Background

Monday, February 3, 2014

Perfectly Chewy & Dense

I love having cookies that have a chew about them....with a slightly crispy edge.  My Grandma D (if she was still alive it would be her birthday) always had cookies in her cookie jar (at least I don't remember that she did not).  These cookies are tribute to Grandma; I love you! I don't think I would mind having these in a constant stash in the freezer...though I would have to hide them from myself...so addictive.  They are so moist and chewy.  Perfect for that chocolate chip cookie craving!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from: http://www.yammiesglutenfreedom.com/2013/09/simple-chewy-gluten-free-chocolate-chip.html

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt (omitted since I used salted butter)
2 1/4 cups oat flour (about 3 cups pulsed in the food processor)
2/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat your trusty oven to 350. Cream sugars and butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add egg and vanilla until smooth.  Slowly add the dry ingredients.  Fold in chocolate chips. Dough will be sticky.  Roll into balls to place on greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes. (It works also presing them into a greased 8inch square pan and baking for 25-30minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment