Background

Friday, January 31, 2014

Fooled Them,,,

Being on a gluten free diet has its ups and downs.   There has been many days/nights that I wonder why I am doing it, since it can be such a pain to make something that is gluten free for me and another way for the boys so they don't complain.  However this morning I fed them this way too....they did not mind it all. I made the best (gluten-free) waffles. BAP and SSP each ate 1 1/2 WHOLE waffles.

Oat Waffles
adapted from: http://www.girlmakesfood.com/ridiculously-awesome-oat-waffles/

1 1/2 cups oat flour (or 2 cups regular oats, pulsed in the food processor)
1 T baking powder
salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 T corn syrup
2 T oil

Mix all dry ingredients together in one bowl. In another mix the wet together.  Then incorporate until smooth.  Heat your waffle iron. Pour 1/2 cup batter into iron. Cook. Put on plate; syrup. Eat. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment