Background

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Not Sure I Could Eat That...But I Will

One of my husband's favorite salads (besides taco) is this little one.  Whenever my mom makes it I see him go back for at least seconds.  (At least I know he is getting in his veggies).  I found this recipe; I am looking forward to trying it.  I am using the original recipe for inspiration and just drizzling the dressing over the chopped tomato and mozzarella (and sprinkling with Italian seasoning).

Caprese Salad with Garlic Balsamic Dressing
adapted from: http://www.laurenslatest.com/caprese-salad-with-garlic-balsamic-dressing/

1 (8oz) ball fresh Mozzarella cheese, chopped roughly the same size as the tomatoes
8oz chopped fresh tomatoes

Dressing
1 garlic clove, minced
2 t Dijon mustard
2 T balsamic vinegar
3 1/2 T olive oil
salt/pepper

In a bowl combine garlic, mustard, vinegar, oil and salt/pepper.  Add tomatoes and Mozzarella. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment