Background

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Burger Lovers' Friend

As I recently found out everyone here loves burgers.  BAP was a little disappointed one of the last times we had them that we did not have the squishy buns (store bought).  This last time I pleased him by getting some that were on sale.  However since going gluten free it is tough not having a squishy bun myself, so I thought I would just deal. However as I was perusing the internet I found a great substitute.  The after effects are a little unmentionable but they were quite tasty with a homemade burger.

Flax(ative) Buns
adapted from: http://cavemanketo.com/faux-bread-quest-flax-buns/

2 eggs
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 t sugar
3/4 cup flax meal
3 T +1 t water
2 T oil

Combine all dry ingredients.  Combine all wet ingredients.  Slowly stir wet into dry.  Pour evenly into a donut (or whoopie pie pan or as the author suggests a muffin top pan) pan. Bake at 350 for about 17minutes. Cool. Serve.  (I put the leftovers in the fridge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment