Background

Friday, February 28, 2014

Pie For Dinner...A Happy Occurence

A few months back I mentioned that my dad gave us some of his delicious smoked salmon, and I made some of it into a delicious soup.  Today with winter in full swing I thought I would make some quiche...I used some delicious salmon from a dear friend. This recipe was absolutely delicious.

Salmon, Dill & Gouda Pie
adapted from: http://thepieacademy.com/savory-smoked-salmon-dill-and-gouda-pie/

1 pie crust (since going Gluten Free, I love this one - or if you want more traditional here)

4 eggs
1 1/3 cups half-n-half
3T fresh dill (or 1T dried), optional
1 1/2 t Dijon mustard
1 cup Gouda cheese, shredded finely
4 oz flaked salmon (I added some chopped steamed broccoli)

Pre-bake the pie crust.  Preheat oven to 350. Cover edges with foil.  In a mixing bowl combine eggs, half-n-half, dill, and Dijon.  Pour in pie crust with 1/2 the cheese.  Flake salmon into this mixture.  Next sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Bake 35-40minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment