Background

Friday, March 1, 2013

Green (Peas) & Ham Soup

In honor of my friend, I thought I would post a recipe for recipe I know she enjoys.  I love this recipe better than the last time I made since it was a bit too salty for my liking (unless my taste buds were acting out-which is most likely the case, since I had a TERRIBLE migraine headache).  Enjoy with a slice of rye bread with lots of butter.

Hearty Split Pea Soup
adapted from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Hearty-Split-Pea-Soup-2

1 (16oz) bag dried split peas
2 cups fully cooked ham
1 cup diced carrots
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
5 cups boiling water
1 cup milk

Place everything (except milk) in crockpot in order given. Do NOT stir.  Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours so veggies get soft.  Add milk. Stir.  Remove bay leaves before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment