Background

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And I Will NEVER Buy The Store Stuff Again

Ever since I tried Costco's dip, I could not get enough.  Though I have never personally bought it, I think I have eaten half the jar when it is spread out on an appetizer spread.  Recently when I was searching for snacks for my husband's super bowl party I ran across this dip. So good.  I think I like this one a bit better than Costco's and so EASY to make too.

Spinach Artichoke Dip
adapted from: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/spinach-artichoke-dip/

1 (10oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, chopped and drained
1 cup sour cream (I did not have quite enough so I added the remaining as mayo)
4 garlic cloves, minced
4oz cream cheese, softened (I used the veggie lover flavored cream cheese)
4oz (1 cup) shredded Mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese (the fresh stuff)
1/3 cup chopped onions (omitted because of time and used that veggie cream cheese)
1/2 t pepper (omitted)
1/4 t salt (omitted)

Preheat oven to 350.  In a large bowl combine all ingredients (mixer worked really well here). Transfer to a greased 8x8 pan.  Bake for 20-25minutes until cheese is melted.  Serve with your favorite dipables (chips, crackers, veggies, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment