Background

Monday, January 14, 2013

Well-Behaved Reward

If the boys are good at Mass on Sunday morning, Daddy asks the boys what the boys would like as a special treat.  These treats are few and far between (since usually we have a lots of wiggles and squeals).  However yesterday was a different story.  BAP requested donuts.  Instead of going to the local donut shop my husband asked if I would mind making them.  I thought it would be something fun and new.  I did not want to have to fry so I looked up a baked recipe...it was just right, so I am sharing it today.

Glazed Apple Cider Donuts
adapted from: http://ilovemilkandcookies.blogspot.com/2007/10/no-fry-no-fuss.html

Donuts
2 cups flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 1/2 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 T olive oil (I use light)

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T apple juice

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease donut pan well (I think it would be fun in my mini donut pans).  In a large measuring cup combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.  In a larger bowl combine egg, brown sugar, apple sauce, syrup and oil.  Stir in dry ingredients; mix until just combined.  Divide batter  between donut wells.  Bake about 15 minutes (when browned and tops spring back when touched lightly. While donuts are baking make glaze (add more juice/sugar to get consistency you want - a little at a time.) Remove immediately to a wire rack (place on top of cookie  sheet/waxed paper/parchment paper) to cool ever so slightly. Dip donuts in glaze or drizzle instead.  Let cool slightly to let glaze set up.  Eat warm.  MMMM....

No comments:

Post a Comment