Background

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pocket Full Of Love

I love being prepared.  I would like to have several meals in my freezer so I don't have to think too hard on some nights (ie when I not feeling well, not up to really making something, or hubby just offers to 'make' dinner).  I love the idea.  On Thursday I thought I would come up with another quick and easy dinner.  Though I have made the recipe as it is written (except using ground beef instead of turkey) I just tweaked even more to what I had in the refrigerator.  I would hate for all the leftovers to just go to waste.

Bierocks
adapted from: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bierocks-10000000577171/

Filling (here is what I did but feel free to make it as it is originally written...both are good)
1/4 cup chopped onion
10oz ground turkey
3/4 c bbq sauce
3/4 c water

Dough
1/4 cup sugar
1 T yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups flour

For filling brown ground turkey with onion (you may need a small amount of oil) over medium low heat.  Stir in bbq sauce and water.  Simmer 5-7minutes. Chill while you make dough.
For dough put sugar and yeast in mixing bowl.  Pour milk and water over sugar and yeast mixture.  Stir in oil and eggs; gradually add flour.  Knead. Place in a well-greased bowl.  Cover.  Let rise an hour.
Divide dough into 24 blobs.  Flatten in circle; place about 1 1/2 teaspoons filling inside.  Fold up into little pouch.  Place each pocket on to greased cookie sheet.  Let rise for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 375. Spray with cooking spray.  Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment