Background

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Perfectly Moist & Delicious

I love it when meat (especially chicken) is super moist, therefore being full deliciousness.  I recently was searching for an easy chicken recipe that incorporated bacon.  I love that combination.  The dinner I found was not only a success for my husband and I but the boys as well. BAP loved that it had bacon (and he did not even notice the mushrooms...shh don't tell him).  I guess this is a big restaurant favorite. I have never had this before so I was intrigued.  I am going to make it again...this time in form of quesadillas (I heard that this restaurant does the same thing).  I hope you enjoy this flavorful meal as much as we did.  I served with homemade jo-jo potatoes.

Alice Springs Chicken (as Outback Steakhouse does chicken)
adapted from: http://www.food.com/recipe /now-this-is-alice-springs-chicken-123522

1 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup honey
1 T canola oil
1 t lemon juice
4-6 chicken breasts (I used 4 and cut them in half lengthwise)
7 slices of bacon, halved & cooked * (1 T grease, reserved)
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese

In a bowl mix together mustard, honey, oil and lemon juice.  Place half of mixture in a zip bag. Place chicken halves in and marinate 24hours (you can do as little as 2 but I like it the longer the better).  When ready to assemble dinner preheat oven to 375. Grease a  9x13pan and lay chicken along bottom (being careful to not overlap too much). Place about 2 half pieces of bacon and each chicken breasts.  Next saute mushrooms in 1 T bacon grease.  Scatter mushrooms over top chicken and bacon.  Sprinkle generously with cheese.  Cover and bake for 30minutes.  Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.

* I place on a wire cooling rack on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until slightly crispy (but cooked thoroughly).

No comments:

Post a Comment