Background

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bite Size Perfections

A couple nights ago we found out that SSP really loves his spice just like his daddy.  I made some treats for New Years Eve, and he loved them.  I thought he would stop after his first bite but nope he just kept on munching. Though I had only one I really enjoyed them too. I doubled the filling; it ended up filling 30 cups plus with extra filling left over.

Jalapeno Popper Cups
adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jalapeno-popper-cups-2/

12 mini phyllo tart shells
4oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (used sharp)
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (I used about 4T pickled jalapeno slices)
1 T hot pepper sauce (used only about 1 t)
1/2 cup bacon bits

Combine all ingredients.  Mix well.  Place about 1 t filling/cup.  Bake at 350 for about 15-20minutes.  Serve HOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment