Background

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Yummy Treat (With Weird Ingredients)

Recently I made a dessert at the last minute. We had my brother over for dinner.  He is trying to do flour-free foods.  Often times I am not sure how to do a dessert since all (or at least most) have flour.  However tonight was a different story.  I thought it would be fun to make brownies.  So good and hard to tell the difference.

No Flour Black Bean Brownies
adapted from: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15oz can, rinsed and drained VERY WELL)
2 T cocoa powder (I used slightly more)
1/2 cup oats
1/4 t salt
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (I used Mrs Butterworths)
2 T sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 t vanilla extract
1/2 t baking powder
2/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a square pan well. Puree all ingredients in food processor (except for chocolate chips).  Stir in chocolate chips.  Pour into pan.  Sprinkle with additional 1/3 cup chocolate chips.  Cook for 15-18minutes (I cooked about 25minutes).  Cool slightly before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment