Background

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy Feast Day!

Today is the feast day of Our Lady Of Guadalupe.  Traditionally when I was growing up we would make some Mexican food, in remembrance of this special feast.  How we loved Mexican food then and we still do today.  I am glad that BAP and SSP love it as much as I do (and husband too).  I love carrying out this tradition in my own family.  This year I am going to make something new...I am sure that everyone will enjoy (I hope).  BAP may sneer at the green things (even though his favorite color at the moment - and most - is green.  However it sometimes changes to a different one.  Oh the joy of being 4!)

Fritos Ranch Chicken Delight
adapted from: http://www.fritolay.com/recipes/recipe/fritos-ranch-chicken-delight

4 cups Fritos corn chips
4 cups cooked & cubed chicken
1 can (10 3/4 oz) chicken broth
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup (will use a 'can' of this)
1 can (10oz) diced tomatoes with chilies - (or use a can of diced tomatoes+ a small can of diced chilies)
1 (8oz) bag shredded cheese
1 cup chopped onion
2 T vegetable oil

Cook onion in oil.  Add soup, tomatoes and broth.  Simmer 5 minutes.  Grease well a 9x13 pan.  Spread in a layer of chicken, chips, cheese and sauce (repeat until cheese is your top layer). Bake at 250 for 20 minutes.  Low oven temperature to 200 and bake another 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment