Background

Monday, July 30, 2012

Glorified Jalapeno Poppers (well kinda)

Today as I was pondering what I wanted to make for dinner, I thought about how about some chicken (with jalapeno cheese filling.) I thought it was very ingenious until I looked up on line and found many others with my same idea. Hmmm.   Oh well, I just made it anyways.

Jalapeno Popper Buffalo Chicken Bundles Wrapped In Bacon
adapted from: http://eisforeat.blogspot.com/2012/06/j-is-for-jalapeno-popper-buffalo.html

2 boneless skinless chicken breast (slice in half length wise - so fairly thin - pound thinner if desired)
10 jalapeno slices, minced
3 oz softened cream cheese
1 T shredded cheddar cheese
sprinkle of chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and coriander
buffalo sauce
8 slices bacon

Preheat oven to 450 (I just the BBQ).  Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and spices with a small amount (maybe 1/2 t jalapeno juice).  Divide mixture between 4 chicken breast halves.  Criss-cross bacon over top (tie together on top as if wrapping a present.  Brush with buffalo sauce.  (secure with tooth picks if necessary.)  Bake about 30 minutes.  Serve with bleu cheese dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment