Background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Homemade Sushi...Well Sort Of

I love trying new recipes. When I don't have a few new recipes on hand to try, I feel just weird. I love cooking, baking, experimenting in the kitchen. Only down fall, my kitchen is a galley so very limited space. Hopefully one day I can have a large spacious kitchen with an island. Last week I needed (rather wanted) to try my hand at another new tuna recipe. Tuna noodle casserole just can get old and boring after awhile. I googled 'tuna wraps' and found the BEST recipe. The filling is just as good on its own, as it is in the wrap.

Spicy Tuna Wraps

2 (5-6 oz) cans chunk tuna, drained
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 T hot sauce (Sriracha or something similar)
1 scallion/green onion chopped
2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
2 T rice vinegar
1 T sesame oil
1 T soy sauce
4 (10 in) wraps - I used tortillas
Shredded greens (Spinach was my choice)
Small carrot, matchsticks (I coined them)

Combine tuna, mayo, hot sauce and scallion. Add rice, vinegar, oil and soy sauce. Place greens on wrap. Add filling on top. Roll up as in a taco. Place in the fridge to chill-serve cold.

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh at your title - too funny! Thomas and I enjoy making sushi, and there are some easy ones to make at home that aren't raw. You should check out the nori (seaweed) papers. They are fun and really tasty.

    ReplyDelete