Background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tasty Salad

As has been often the case lately I have no clue the night before, what I am going to make for dinner. (I have been trying to plan ahead - I aim for a week but it usually has been 2-3 days or 4 at the most.) Today I knew I wanted something with burger but what...then I remembered seeing a recipe for Cheeseburger Salad. I HAD to make this. I knew that it would be a definite man-meal for my husband and it really sounded quite good.

Cheeseburger Salad

1 pound hamburger (I used elk)
1/2 onion chopped
1 T minced garlic
2 T ketchup
1 t yellow mustard
1 t Dijon mustard
1 1/2 t brown sugar
1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup bacon pieces, cooked
lettuce (torn into shreds)
diced tomato
grated cheddar cheese (I like sharp)
croutons, optional
dressing (I love ranch)

Brown meat with garlic and onion (drain if really fatty...I used elk, so no need to). Add remaining ingredients through the Worcestershire sauce. Place lettuce on plate, top with meat and other toppings. Drizzle with dressing. Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment