Background

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Cookies

I have never made these cookies. However one of my brothers did every year and we just loved them. Maybe someday I will have the patience to use the cookie gun. I think it would be fun but it appears very daunting. I am not sure of the recipe he used but this one sounds close. I think he always chilled the dough too. If I get the actual recipe I will be sure and post it.

Spritz

1 cup butter
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/2 t almond flavoring
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 t salt
food coloring

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add flour and salt. Color if desired.
Using cookie gun fitted with disk of your choice, place dough pieces to 2inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for about 7 minutes (I love them when they are lightly golden brown). Cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment