Background

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Very Moist & Delectable

How I love meatloaf...especially meatloaf sandwiches from the leftovers the next day (my sandwiches never quite the same as the way they do when Mom makes them...maybe it is just all the love added). I have made many types of meatloaf, but everyone I have made has turned out dry and gross the next day. Last week I searched for a moist meatloaf recipe, and I found the perfect one.

Hash Brown Potato Meatloaf

1 1/2 cups refrigerated shredded hash browns
(you can used dehydrated, make sure you hydrate or thaw frozen ones, drained)
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T olive oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/3 cup ketchup
1 t yellow mustard (not the dry stuff)
1 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/3 cup ketchup
1 t yellow mustard (not the dry stuff)

Preheat oven to 375. Saute onion, and garlic in olive oil. Add potatoes, eggs, breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1 t mustard, salt and pepper. Add meat; mix until just combined. (I like doing this in a zip bag, since it is easier to mix/knead and saves a ton on clean up.) Shape into an 8x4 loaf. Brush with remaining ketchup and mustard. Bake for 70-75 minutes. Let stand about 15 minutes before eating.
Serve with cheesy scalloped potatoes and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment