Background

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oh I Love You Garlic Man

If you know me, you know that I am obsessed with garlic. I love the stuff. Nothing is good without it (well, maybe sweets). I recently ran across an awe-mazing garlic roll recipe. It was so good; I could have eaten the whole pan worth. I made these to go with Italian food. Such yummy goodness.

Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls

Bread
1 T yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 1/2 T sugar
1 t salt
4 - 5 1/2 cups flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour & the rest all purpose)
3 T vegetable oil
1 t Italian seasoning

Garlic Butter
1/3 cup real butter, do NOT substitute anything else
1 1/2 T garlic bread seasoning (I just used 1T Italian Seasoning & 1/2T garlic powder)
Mozzarella cheese & Parmesan

Combine yeast, water & sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Let foam. Add salt & Italian seasoning. Then add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Stop adding flour when dough starts pulling away (and not sticking to the sides of the bowl). Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in there, cover and let rise until doubled (about an hour). Roll dough as you would for cinnamon rolls. Spread on the butter, then sprinkle with seasoning. Top with cheeses. Roll up tightly. Cut into 12 even sized pieces. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Place each slice into 1 cup. Cover and let rise again. Then bake at 350 for about 18-22 minutes (I baked mine for closer to 25 minutes). Serve piping hot.

1 comment: