Background

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crockpot Yummy Goodness

A few years back I discovered the many uses of the crockpot. I love using it for all sorts of meals. However my all time favorite is Lasagna in the crockpot. I love how simple and easy it is. I hope you find this easy and delicious as we have over the last few years.

Helen's Lasagna

1 pound ground beef (or pork or even 1/2 beef & 1/2 pork)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
29 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup water
6 oz can tomato paste
1 t salt
1 t dried oregano (I use Italian seasoning)
8 oz package lasagna noodles, uncooked & broken (I found that egg noodles work well here)
4 cups (16oz) grated mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups (12oz) cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Grease crockpot. Brown meat with onion and garlic. Drain. Add tomato sauce, water, tomato paste and seasonings (instead of the tomato sauce, water and tomato paste I use 1 large can of flavored spaghetti sauce (i.e. Hunts Roasted Garlic & Herb)). Combine all the cheeses. Spread one-fourth of sauce in crockpot. Then one-third noodles. One-third cheeses. Repeat ending with the meat sauce. Cover & cook on low 4-5 hours. (sometimes, I mean all the time - I top with an additional 3/4 cup of cheese during the last hour).

No comments:

Post a Comment