Background

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken At Its Best

Do you ever have those last minute decisions about what to make for dinner? Last night I had 2 chicken breasts out thawing but really no idea concerning how I was going to prepare them. About 430 it came to me....how about teriyaki chicken on the BBQ. I served with oven roasted potatoes with a side of the dressing from the salad a couple nights ago.

Teriyaki Chicken
2 skinless & boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
favorite teriyaki sauce (I quartered this recipe)
4 oz Havarti cheese, sliced into 4 long slices
4 pineapple rings halved

Place chicken in zip bag with marinade; refrigerate at least 2 hours (that is all I had time for unless I was going to have dinner ready at midnight).
Grill on BBQ. As it is finishing cooking, top each chicken half with 2 pieces of pineapple. Place cheese over pineapple and chicken. Close lid and let it get gooey and melty. (My bbq ran out of gas three-quarters of the way through cooking the chicken, so I just placed it in the hot oven with the potatoes and let it melt and gooey in there. - I guess that is what happens when you cook for 5-6 hours on high...runs out very quickly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment