Background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Love Made In Heaven


Lately a cold salad has sounded so good. With the weather being so hot, I hate the idea of having to heat oven just heat the whole house. While I was poking around some fellow blogs, I found a recipe I just had to try. My husband loves steak and I love salad...how 'bout a zippy steak salad. What an ingenious way to combine them (honestly I have thought about combining these mystery ingredients and every time when I made it I was grossed out)! This recipe just hit it right with me. Gotta love it. I think I will be making more often.

Chipotle Steak Salad






Meat Portion
1 pound beef tenderloin (cut into 5 steaks/chunks)
3 T olive oil
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t ground cumin
1 t dried oregano
1 T honey
2 T Adobo Sauce (from Chipotle Peppers and Adobo Sauce)

Combine all but tenderloin in plastic zip bag, add meat, and let marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours (I did for 8+)...for awesomeness. BBQ until steak is done according to your liking.

Dressing
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 t ground cumin
1/2 t ground coriander
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1 - 2 chipotle peppers

Mix in blender. Thin with water to desired consistency. I made about 2 cups worth.


2 heads Romaine lettuce, torn/cut into shreds
corn tortilla chips
sliced onion
sharp cheddar cheese cubes

Layer lettuce, meat, onion slices, and cheese cubes. Drizzle on the dressing. Eat with tortilla chips.

Yields: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment