Background

Monday, May 23, 2011

Easiest Steak Fajitas

Yesterday we were gone a good share of the day. We had Mass in the morning (YAY!) then came had breakfast (another AWESOME recipe I post too). We then got the munchkins ready and went to Butte (to see the Berkeley Pit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Pit) I had to do something so dinner would be somewhat ready when we got home (with other things to make as the garnishes). I thought it would great to come home to the smells of dinner when we got home. (however about half to our destination I thought I forgot to turn the crockpot one...just a needless worry).

Beer Beef Fajitas by Sandra Lee

2 pounds beef (used elk) round steak
2 packets (1.27oz each) fajita seasoning mix (recommended Lawry's)
1 onion, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch strips*
1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch strips*
1/2 cup beer or water (I used water)

Rinse steaks with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of steaks with 1 packet fajita seasoning. Slice into strips; set aside. (I just sliced the meat and then tossed with seasoning). Add vegetables to a 5-quart slow cooker. Toss with remaining packet of fajita seasoning. Add steak strips on top of vegetables. Pour in beer (water in my case). Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
*I just bought one 16oz package of already sliced (frozen) peppers

Serve hot with peppers, warm tortillas, refried beans, and shredded cheese, if desired. (I just did tortillas and cheese)

Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment